Thursday 3 November 2011

Kalgoorlie

Kalgoorlie is an old gold mining town. It has been undergoing and overhaul of its beautiful old buildings, bringing them back to life and reinvigorating the town itself. We had a quick look around town, Geoff was keen to get up to the superpit lookout and as a result most of my pictures are taken from the car while driving. So there might be some strange reflections in some!
I'll put the pics from the superpit in a seperate blog. I must say even I found it facinating to watch, although I got bored after about 15 minutes, Geoff could have stayed and watched the little ant people all day if I hadn't dragged him away!

Here are some picks of Kalgoorlie buildings.

Look out for the pink building -it's the oldest brothel in Australia.
Also check out the sign at Skimpy's pub!


 Remember to double click on image if you want a bigger view!


















No comments:

Post a Comment