Thursday 3 November 2011

Superpit Kalgoorlie

I really expected the superpit to be ugly and dirty and uninteresting, however when we got to the lookout I must say I was really suprised.  The colours of the rock and soil created quite an interesting landscape, and while it was dusty, they were going to a lot of trouble to keep it to a minimum with a large water tank driving up and down the pit road dampening the track.  My camera rose to the task and could zoom in quite well, making ant people and matchbox machines look closer to us and giving us a more realistic idea of their size.























And of course Toby T had to get into the act!  However we couldn't bring his mate MB out because he would have been able to fly away - the wind was quite strong up at the lookout.

2 comments:

  1. This would have been awesome to see Sue, great pictures :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you thank you you're too kind. I'm blushing!

    ReplyDelete